Optimo Commodity Guaranteed Fund II
The sale of the fund is finished.
Vital Invest – Optimo Commodity II Guaranteed Fund.
The Optimo Commodity II Guaranteed Fund included in the Vital Invest insurance scheme guarantees 100% return of the client’s investment into the fund (after deduction of administrative fees). The total yield for clients is unlimited and may reach very interesting figures provided that the underlying Commodity II indices grow.
What is the Optimo Commodity II Guaranteed Fund?
This is a new guaranteed fund offered by Komerční pojišťovna, a.s., which extends the investment strategy options under the Vital Invest life insurance. The fund suits clients who understand the growth potential of commodity prices and wish to diversify their funds while preventing the risk of a fall in their investment’s value.
The Optimo Commodity II Guaranteed Fund offers:
- guaranteed 100% return of investment upon the fund’s maturity (after deduction of administrative fees)
- attractive portfolio of underlying assets (various types of commodities – e.g. gold, oil, cotton, coffee, industrial metals, etc.)
- opportunity to profit from the growth of commodity markets
- locking of the highest annual performance achieved after the 1st to 6th year of the fund’s existence
- protection against currency risk (potential negative impacts of the CZK strengthening are covered and will not affect the yield of the portfolio)
- portfolio management carried out by experts from the French banking group Société Générale, one of the largest and most stable banks in the Eurozone
|Subscription period||9 May 2012 – 31 July 2012 (or until it sells out)|
|Maturity||6 years; date of maturity: 16 August 2018|
|Premium payment to the Optimo Commodity II Guaranteed Fund||single / extraordinary premium|
How Does The Investment Strategy of The Optimo Commodity II Guaranteed Fund Work?
Fund performance depends on the performance of the underlying basket of commodity indices which is supplemented with active volatility management. The content of the basket remains unchanged and includes 2 commodity indices:
- Dow Jones-UBS Gold Index – factors in the development of gold price
- Dow Jones-UBS Commodity Index 3 Month Forward consists of 24 different types of commodities the actual proportion of which is determined for each calendar year (as of 1 January 2012 the index is represented by 20 commodities selected and allocated as follows: 32.7% energy, 30.5% agriculture, 18.6% industrial metals, 12.5% precious metals, 5.7% livestock)
Dow Jones-UBS Commodity Index 3 Month Forward
|complete list of index items (24 commodities)||allocation of items in index as of 1 January 2012|
|light fuel oil||3.5%|
Calculation of monthly performance of the underlying commodity index basket
Commodity basket’s monthly performance = basket’s actual monthly performance
Recorded monthly performance of the commodity basket
- If the basket’s monthly performance is positive, then 75 % of the gained value is recorded
- If the basket’s monthly performance is negative, the same value is entered into the records
The cumulative performance of the basket is calculated on the basis of the recorded commodity basket monthly performances. Each cumulative performance of the basket achieved after the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th year is locked. The highest one of the 6 locked values shall equal the yield paid out upon the fund’s maturity.
Upon maturity, the client obtains:
|100 % of the invested capital (after deduction of administrative fees)+Highest of annual cumulative basket performances (equal to 0 in the worst-case scenario)|
Examples of the Optimo Commodity II Guaranteed Fund performance calculation
The above given examples are for illustration only and in no way predict the future performance of the Optimo Commodity II Guaranteed Fund.