the Czech Republic. It suits all who want to spend their holiday or business trip
without any worries.
The travel insurance protects you against scores of unpleasant situations that may happen to you when travelling. The insurance comprises several parts that may be freely combined. The basic element is the medical expenses insurance to which you can choose various types of additional insurance:
- additional accident insurance,
- additional damage liability insurance,
- additional luggage insurance,
- additional tour cancellation insurance
The insurance may be arranged for one trip – short-terms trips, such as holidays or long-term trips lasting up to one year (e.g. this is suitable for stays abroad for the purpose of business or studies).
Medical expenses insurance
Summary of overall insurance indemnity limits to the medical expenses insurance
The limit is set according to the destination and selected limit class.
|Limit class||Zone E (Europe)||Zone S (World)|
|A||CZK 3,000,000||CZK 3,000,000|
|B||CZK 5,000,000||CZK 5,000,000|
Zone E all European countries, including the Mediterranean islands, Canary Islands, Israel, Cyprus, Morocco, Tunisia, Turkey.
Zone S all coutries worldwide.
Premium for medical expenses insurance
Daily premium for one trip (in CZK) – insurance period up to 90 days.
|Age||Tourist type||Business type||Sports type|
|70 and above||36||72||-||-||-||-|
|70 and above||72||144||-||-||-||-|
Assistance services are an integral part of the medical expenses insurance. They are available in Czech and provided non-stop, i.e. 24 hours per day and 365 days per year. The assistance company offers, for example, the following services:
- advising of suitable health-care facilities and arrangement of the transport of the insured to a hospital,
- arrangement of the payment of all medical expenses in case of hospitalisation,
- arrangement of the transport from abroad to a hospital in the Czech Republic, including medical attendance, if necessary,
- delivery of locally unavailable drugs or medical resources,
- limit class B includes above-standard assistance services – legal assistance, hospital visit of the insured by a close relative, dispatch of a substitute employee in case of a business trip.
What to do if an insured event occurs?
- contact the assistance company without undue delay
- keep the originals of medical reports, diagnoses, lists of treatment procedures and bills, or originals of these documents´ duplicates
- notify the assistance company of the insured event in writing immediately after you return from the trip
The assistance company guarantees that the physician and health-care facilities will be reimbursed for the cost related to the necessary medical treatment or to the transport of the insured back to his/her home country, including the professional medical accompaniment.
How to contact the assistance company?
AXA ASSISTANCE CZ s. r. o.
140 62 Prague 4
Tel.: +420 272 10 10 11
In a short telephone conversation you provide the assistance company with this basic information:
- payment card number
- name, surname and birth certificate number of the insured who is in need
- brief description and circumstances of the insured event
- address and telephone number of the place from which you are calling
The operator will call you back in order to get more detailed information and to provide you with instructions.
How to arrange the insurance?
Additional accident insurance
Should you suffer an injury during your stay abroad, the medical expenses insurance will cover the cost of its treatment. However, if you have arranged the additional accident insurance, you will also receive damages according to the gravity of your injury.
Sums insured in additional accident insurance:
|Limit class A||Limit class B|
|Age of the insured||up to 17 yrs||from 18 yrs||up to 17 yrs||from 18 yrs|
|Permanent consequences of an accident||CZK 100,000||CZK 200,000||CZK 200,000||CZK 400,000|
|Death due to an accident||CZK 20,000||CZK 100,000||CZK 40,000||CZK 200,000|
|Damage by an accident||CZK 20,000||CZK 20,000||CZK 40,000||CZK 40,000|
Additional damage liability insurance
Additional luggage insurance
Additional tour cancellation insurance
Premium Payments for Riders
|Type of trip|
|70 a více||5||-||-|
|70 and above||10||-||-|
Damage Liability Insurance
|Type of trip|
|70 and above||4||5||-||-||-||-|
|0-17 (travelling alone)||3||4||5||6||5||6|
|Type of trip|
|70 a více||5||-||-|
|70 and above||5||8||8|
Tour Cancellation Insurance
The amount of premiums is 2.5% of the total price of the tour.
Travel insurance advantages
- The insurance fully covers the necessary cost of medical treatment abroad, including prescibed medications, cost of the insured´s transport to a health-care facility and repatriation back to the Czech Republic up to the insurance indemnity limit.
- Quality assistance services available non-stop and in Czech.
- Combining of individual types of additional insurance according to the client´s wishes.
- Possibility to select the type of trip - tourist, business, sports or risky.
- Possibility to select the limit class according to the client´s wishes.